If you are planning to add on to your fleet of tractors or thinking of buying the first tractor of your life, one aspect that you will need to decide first is whether to buy a new or an old one. Some of you might not like the idea of buying a pre-owned tractor but prefer only a shiny, new one. There are a few, who are absolutely fine with an old one as long as it works perfectly.
However, if you are unsure of buying an old tractor then here are some good reasons you can consider to make a decision.
Benefits Of Buying A Used Tractors:
- Tractors are very expensive but a second-hand one can be bought at almost half the price of a new one. A good auto dealer will have high quality tractors that will give you years of dependable service, at a fraction of cost.
- Besides the upfront saving that you will make on the cost of used tractor, you will also continue to make savings throughout the life of the vehicle. Insurance companies charge a lesser premium on pre-owned vehicles and even the taxes are lower.
- As you will be paying less for used tractor, you can invest in more vehicles for the same price. So the budget that you determined for suppose 2 new tractors allows you to buy two more simultaneously. So you get more power and engines to work on the farm.
- It is easier to find a pre-owned tractor with the exact features you want than finding one in the new category. This is because the tractor has already been put to use and the previous owner has added the extra necessary features.
- Used vehicles are smart investment than a new one in the long run. After a few years you would eventually outgrow your truck, whether new or used, and look for a more advanced version. When trying to sell off your previous truck, you will notice that the used truck has depreciated less in comparison. So the used truck will give more proportionate return on the initial investment.
Negotiating Techniques For Used Trucks:
Before you plan to buy a semi tractors for sale by owner, read the following negotiating techniques to make sure that you get the best deals:
- Always quote a price that is way less than what you expect to be the final exchange value.
- As soon as the seller quotes the price, act completely surprised. This way the seller will feel that you think the price is too high.
- Don’t say yes too soon. Even if the price the seller quotes is what you had in mind, spend time negotiating to get a better deal.
- Take someone along who can play the good cop, bad cop with you. This will help to get the price down further.
- Be ready with information about rates in different places.
It is always a better idea to buy used tractors than new ones. With the above tips you can negotiate and get the price lowered as much as possible.